Following a 7-day consecutive bearish market, the bulls finally overpowered the bears as the NGX, today, closed on a flat note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 2 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 42,018.92 points, to reflect a growth of 0.02% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 4.34%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by N5.38 billion.
At the close of the market today, Tuesday 7th December 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N21.93 trillion from N21.92 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed positive as ABBEYBDS led 20 gainers, and 19 losers topped by GLAXOSMITH at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 1,748.20 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- ABBEYBDS up +9.47% to close at N1.04
- MEYER up +8.33% to close at N0.26
- NEM up +7.56% to close at N2.42
- ACADEMY up +7.14% to close at N0.45
- ROYALEX up +6.90% to close at N0.62
NGX ASI Top losers
- GLAXOSMITH down – 9.32% to close at N5.35
- SEPLAT down – 5.38% to close at N615.0
- JAIZBANK down – 4.48% to close at N0.64
- DANGSUGAR down – 3.23% to close at N15.00
- JAPAUL down – 2.56% to close at N0.38
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- FBNH – 364,030,356 units
- STERLING – 80,973,177 units
- ETI – 19,767,670 units
- GTCO – 19,420,952 units
- FIDELITY – 18,629,646 units
- FBNH – N4,110,008,772.40
- GTCO – N467,039,571.95
- SEPLAT – N442,626,704.30
- ZENITHBANK – N269,161,737.70
- FLOURMILL– N266,595,522.55