Following the launch of its mainnet and news that its native token was listed on significant exchanges, including MEXC and OKX, the Core DAO community has been very excited over the previous three days. They are still anticipating Huobi Global to list as well.
Another development is that after falling practically the entire year of 2022, Bitcoin has now soared dramatically above $21,000. Bitcoin reached a peak price of $75,000 in 2021.
As the CORE DAO mainnet launches, it’s critical to emphasize the differences between Core DAO and Bitcoin for the benefit of those who are unfamiliar with cryptocurrencies.
Here are the top five distinctions between Core DAO and Bitcoin:
1. While Bitcoin mining costs money and uses expensive equipment, CORE mining is free and uses less energy.
2. CORE DAO is the first cryptocurrency project to utilizes the Satoshi Plus consensus which is different from Bitcoin’s Proof-of-Work (PoW) consensus algorithm. The Proof of Work (POW) of Bitcoin and Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) of Ethereum are combined to create the Satoshi Plus consensus, which enhances scalability, security, efficiency, and decentralization.
3. Bitcoin is reportedly held in 114 million accounts globally, according to crypto.com. while CORE DAO is mined by approximately 14 million users.
4. CORE DAO is still in the development phase, whereas Bitcoin has been available on exchanges since 2009.
5. Both Bitcoin and CORE DAO are cryptocurrency projects.
What is Core DAO?
Core is an evolution of the Geth codebase. We leveraged the improvements made by the BSC team to add greater throughput and cheaper transactions by way of hard fork. Nevertheless, we differ from BSC in many ways. One preeminent difference is that Core is based on Satoshi Plus Consensus, which relies on Proof of Work (PoW) alongside Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS).
With these modifications, we’re able to remain decentralized without the performance tradeoffs seen in traditional PoW consensus systems. Additionally, with our hybrid score based off of both delegated Bitcoin hash power and delegated stake, we’ve created a fluid market for validators and rewards that anyone can participate in.