Following the launch of the CORE Mainnet and the reported listing of the PiCoin on exchanges recently, the cryptocurrency projects Core DAO and Pi Network have both unexpectedly become top trends on social media platforms, particularly Twitter.
CORE DAO is already enjoying legitimate listing of it’s native token (CORE) after the project’s development team announced the deployment of its open Mainnet four days ago.
However, Pi Network is still operating in its enclosed mainnet with the speculations that Mainnet may be launched on the Pi day (March 14th, 2023).
For the benefits of newbies, we have highlighted major similarities and differences between Pi Network and CORE DAO as follows:
1. Both Pi Network and CORE DAO can be mined on smartphones.
2. Because they can be mined on smartphones, they do not require much energy for mining.
3. Mining on both platforms does not require any fee unlike Bitcoin and Ethereum.
4. Both projects are still in their development stage most especially the Pi Network.
1. Pi Network has a larger community of users (over 40 million) than Core DAO which has about 14 million users though still promising.
2. The Core DAO uses the Satoshi Plus Consensus which combines Proof-of-Work (PoW) and Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPoS) to leverage the strengths of each while simultaneously ameliorating their respective shortcomings while Pi Network blockchain uses a consensus mechanism known as the Stellar Consensus Protocol, originally for the Stellar (XLM) blockchain.
3. Pi Network is founded by Nicolas Kokkalis and Chengdiao Fan while Core DAO’s development team is not known as it is said they are not seeking fame.