The following is a “simple to follow” tutorial on how to integrate the new Core network into your MetaMask wallet now that mainnet is live.
You may find guidelines for both the browser extension and mobile devices below.
Please be careful to carefully follow the instructions and enter the correct information for the network. Including the new network’s extension in your browser:
1. Select a network by clicking the button (the downward facing arrow next to the current network). This will show a list of the networks that you are now connected to:
2. Click ‘Add network’ at the bottom of the network list:
3. A new browser tab will then open, displaying various fields to fill out:
Fill in the following network information:
- Network Name: Core Blockchain
- New RPC URL: https://rpc.coredao.org/
- Chain ID：1116
- Currency Symbol: CORE
- Block Explorer URL: https://scan.coredao.org
Complete the fields and click “save” to add the network.
4. The Core network will be visible after you complete the aforementioned procedures the next time you open the network picker.
What is MetaMask Wallet?
MetaMask wallet app enables users to transfer or receive currencies using any other wallet or smart contract. Using providers on the network like MoonPay, Wyre, and Transak, users also have the option of purchasing coins.
Users of the wallet are not required to submit to KYC verification, but these third-party providers are required to do so in order to maintain compliance. Because it works with hardware wallets like Ledger and Trezor, users may move cryptocurrency and NFTs from a software-based hot wallet to a hardware-based cold wallet for secure storage.
MetaMask can be used as an in-browser application For desktop or laptop computers. It is also available as a smartphone app on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. OpenSea, Uniswap, and QuickSwap are just a few of the cryptocurrency websites with which the wallet can be smoothly connected.