There is a claim that history enables us to comprehend how past events shaped the world as it is today. Learning from the past helps us understand who we are and how we got here, but it also helps us avoid mistakes in the future and forge better paths for our society.
In light of the aforementioned considerations, it is crucial to revive the memories of Pi Network in the past months to at least those who joined the network after these events had already occurred.
In the past six months, Pi Network has experienced some noteworthy incidents that are worth recalling.
Here are five Pi Network activities within the last six months to remember:
1. Barter officially commenced on August 25th, 2022. This is the official commencement of the P2P transaction in the enclosed mainnet.
2. Pi Bridge was unveiled on September 3rd 2022. The First Cross-chain Bridge Connecting Pi Network with Other Blockchains.
3. Pi Core Team announced winners of the previous hackathon on October 1st 2022.
4. A number of exchanges, including Huobi, XT Exchange, HotCoin, BitMart, CoinW global, SuperEX, Biconomy, and Atlantis, are said to have listed Pi Coin on December 29th, 2022. Despite the fact that the listing was described as an IOU that could be redeemed once the genuine PiCoin was made available following mainnet launch.
5. The final Hackathon before the launch of the mainnet began on January 9th, 2023. The hackathon will end on February 28th, according official announcement.
What Pi Network?
Pi network was created in 2018 by a group of Stanford University alums with the intention of making cryptocurrency easier for the general public to use. The Pi cryptocurrency is described as being simply mineable on any desktop or mobile device without the requirement for powerful processors or the use of a lot of energy. Participants in the network can perform a variety of tasks, such as running a node on their home computers, introducing new users, or mining Pi coins on their mobile devices.
The Pi core team (PCT) claims that during the project’s beta phase, the application functions by mimicking the mining process, which will function correctly once the Pi goes mainnet. Participants in the block validation process are rewarded with Pi coins.