Pi Network, the popular social cryptocurrency mining app, has reportedly added a Tentative KYC Approval status to its verification process. The new program is designed to ensure the integrity of the network by catching and preventing fake and bot accounts while allowing real human pioneers to pass KYC verification as easily as possible.
The Tentative KYC Approval program requires additional verification checks before a pioneer can fully pass KYC, which does not apply to the majority of the network. It is important to note that tentative KYC approval does not equal full KYC approval and therefore will not unlock functionalities such as becoming a validator or migrating to the Mainnet, which require full KYC approval. However, tentative KYC approval brings the account much closer to full approval.
The specific additional verification steps may vary depending on the individual case, and the time it takes to complete them can vary as well. Factors that can impact the timing include the volume of KYC applications being processed, the availability of human validators in the region, the complexity of the application, and the types of additional checks applied to the tentative KYC case.
While the duration of the Tentative Approval status is on a case-by-case basis, one of the priorities of Q2 2023 for the KYC app is to iterate and apply additional checks on the tentative KYC cases. It is important to note that when the KYC status is “Tentative approval,” a pioneer cannot migrate to the Mainnet until they fully pass KYC.
How to Apply for Tentative KYC Approval
To apply for Tentative KYC on Pi Network, you must first download the Pi Network app from your app store and create an account. Once you have done that, follow these steps:
- Open the Pi Network app and navigate to the Profile section.
- Click on the KYC verification button located on the top right corner of your screen.
- Enter your personal information as requested in the KYC form. This information may include your name, date of birth, government-issued ID number, and a selfie photo.
- Submit your KYC application by clicking on the “Submit” button.
- Wait for the review process to complete. If your application is accepted tentatively, you will receive a “tentative approval” screen in the KYC app. If your application is not accepted tentatively, you may need to provide additional information or documentation before your verification can be processed further.
- If you receive tentative approval, additional verification checks will be conducted before you can fully pass KYC. The specific additional verification steps may vary depending on the individual case.
- Once you have fully passed KYC, you will be able to access additional functionalities on the Pi Network platform that require full KYC approval, such as becoming a validator or migrating to the Mainnet.
It’s important to note that the Tentative KYC program is currently not available to the majority of the network and is selective.
After submitting the KYC application, the pioneer can expect to see a few different screens in the KYC app. They may see a screen indicating that the application is “review in progress.” If the KYC application is approved tentatively, the pioneer may see a “tentative approval” screen.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings